Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Bad Sector - CMASA [WEB] (2007)

GENRE..... Ambient
LABEL...... n/a
MODE....... VBRkbps / Joint-Stereo
REL.DATE.. 25-06-2008

"In spring 2005 I was invited by Luca Serasini (multimedia artist from Pisa) to record some
ambient tracks for an art exhibition in Pisa. Usually I am a bit skeptical about "arty"
things but, after I saw the interesting concept of the exhibition I decided to accept. In
the seaside village near the town, on the Arno river's end, there is an old factory, now
abandoned, which in the past was very important for the town: it was the factory of the
Dornier Wal flying boat, a revolutionary civil aircraft of the year 20s. This airplane was
an amazing piece of technology for that times, and it was used in several transatlantic
flights for its comfortable robustness. The main concept of the exhibitions was revealing
and celebrating the story of this plane and its factory. The marvelous seaside scenery mixed
with vintage industrial locations, together a bit of nostalgia, created an unexpected but
amazing result. I was asked to use acoustic and natural sounds too, so I used treated piano
and acoustic guitar sounds (quite strange flavors for me), together with water and metallic
samples. In 2007 I remastered these fragments assembling them in two unusual bad sector
tracks."

Tracklist:

01 CMASA Part 1
02 CMASA Part 2

Bad_Sector-CMASA-WEB-2007-D2H

(Password: mp3axx.blogspot)
Download File

TO THE iNVOLVED ARTiST(S): CONSiDER THiS AS A FREE WORLDWiDE PROMO CAMPAiGN.
TO THE END USER: SUPPORT ARTiST(S) OR DEL!

No comments: